Sunday, May 20, 2007

Welcome

Hey, welcome to my football blog.

Whether or not there is anyone reading this doesn't really bother me as I am doing this to record my own feelings and thoughts on the matter of football....

Having said that, if you are reading this then thankyou and I hope you enjoy reading what I have to say and invite you to comment whenever you agree/disagree or have an opinion on what I've written.

Firstly, let me introduce myself:

My name is Matthew Winter, I'm from the Adelaide Hills in South Australia. I'm 18 (at time of writing) and I'm a uni student doing computer systems engineering at the University of Adelaide.

And yes, I'm a football fan.

My passion is really the national team, the Socceroos - however I'm also a big fan of Adelaide United and I watch a lot of football from England and Europe. My favourite club in England is Everton, I had been a Chelsea fan for around 8 years, however I don't agree with how Chelsea are approaching football and have hence adopted a new club.

Part of the reason I chose Everton is that they remind me of the Port Adelaide FC - my favourite Australian rules football side, both sides have a very proud history and both are smaller clubs in a city where there are only two large clubs. Also one of my favourite players in Tim Cahill plays there...

Anyway, I look forward to writing about many football topics, of course the Champions League final between Liverpool and AC Milan is this week, and that will probably be the topic of my first 'real' post. As we build towards the Asian Cup I will be focusing on the Socceroos, as I really think this is a good chance for us to win a significant piece of silverware.

I plan to also write a lot about rumors involving football, and speculation about the future - as the future is what everyone is talking about in Australian football these days. In the mean time you might like to check out some of my football-related photos...

Bye for now,
Matt.

PS. Just briefly on last night's FA Cup final, well done to Chelsea for winning, but it really was an awful game - something about FA Cup finals tends to make the quality of the matches poor - unless there's an early goal in which case it can be a classic. However Chelsea deserved this piece of silverware, and Man United can have no complaints, although they will no doubt complain about Giggs' goal being disallowed - It was clear to me that Cech was pushed over the line.

No comments: